What topics can I ask about here?
Graphic Design is for questions targeted toward design professionals, students, and enthusiasts.
This includes questions about:
- Graphic arts theory and history; "Why" we do what we do and not necessarily the "how" in logo design, fonts & typography, visual communication
- Web design as related to look and feel, not coding.
- Layout and printing
- Type usage, theory, pairings
- Color theory or selection
- File formats and usage
but not about:
- Simple "How to" questions — please search your application's help files first, and do a Google search before posting a question
- Brainstorming or idea gathering
- Application Troubleshooting questions or other forms of technical support
- 3D software tools
- Technical questions about video editing software
- Web site architecture and development (examples: HTML that doesn't include CSS, server-side issues)
- Landscaping and architecture
We do accept questions about the identification of fonts, if certain conditions are met (see our requirements for font-identification questions). The same goes for critique questions about special aspects of a design work (see our guidelines for critique questions).
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Graphic Design Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.