This is a famous web comic about a common experience in web design:
It's based on the author's personal experiences and describes a typical / caricature client from hell who treats the designer as:
a mouse cursor inside a graphics program which the client can control by speaking, emailing, and instant messaging
...ruining the finished product by, for example:
- Demanding unnecessary changes so they feel they have put their stamp on the design
- Making vague, half-baked or contradictory requests
- Bringing in requests for changes from people not connected to the project
- Silly requests that appeal to the client but would make no sense to an end user
Some of the solutions I thought of:
- Quitting web design and starting my own online business.
- Only accepting jobs offered by professional web/graphic designers.