Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a shortcut for the selector tool in Photoshop (the very fist tool in the tool bar, the one selected when opening Photoshop) ?

share|improve this question
That's the Move tool. – e100 Sep 20 '12 at 10:54
up vote 8 down vote accepted

All tool shortcuts are listed if you choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and choose Tools from the drop down.

The move tool's shortcut is v


For tools with sub-tools, you can right-click/control-click the tool for the pop out and the shortcut will be shown to the right of the tools.


Adding Brenden's comment to this answer so it's more complete:

If you have Tool Tips active in the preferences, you can also simply hover your mouse over any of the tools and the shortcut will appear as a tool tip.


share|improve this answer
Beat me by about a minute :P So I'll just comment on yours: You can also mouse over any of the toolbar items to see their shortcuts. Like so: – Brendan Sep 19 '12 at 19:33
@Brendan, yup I should have added that. I did due to your comment. – Scott Sep 19 '12 at 19:36
Thanks guys ! (sidenote: when I hover toolbar items I don't get any tool tip :/) – drake035 Sep 19 '12 at 20:29
Tool Tips have to be checked in the preferences and sometimes it takes a few moment of no mouse movement for the tip to appear. – Scott Sep 19 '12 at 20:33

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.