Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

So I want to make a seamless repeating background pattern using the line and dot in this image below...

Is there a name for this type of design?

(sidenote) If you have any other suggestions, I'm trying to convey a corporate feel to big social media data. I'll submit a nice grayscale/monochrome image to a design blog or subtlepatterns or something once it's done. Thanks!

enter image description here

share|improve this question

Network diagram is the most common term I know. I've also heard them referred to as node maps.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.