Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I came across this fascinating youtube video. It zooms and pans around various landscape scenes, with flying text coming in and out of focus. Does anyone know what software they used for this?

I'm naive in this area, so any suggestions or ideas will be deeply appreciated.

enter image description here enter image description here

share|improve this question
Please describe the video in words as well, in case the link goes dead in the future. – Olle Sjögren Jan 21 '13 at 9:34
Many thanks, user568458!!! – user9292 Jan 22 '13 at 14:44
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Most likely After Effects. Although it could also be done via Flash. Or even a combination of the two.

share|improve this answer
Agreed. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't using 3D layers in After Effects. – John Jan 21 '13 at 18:45
Thank you very much, John!!! I'll check it out :-) – user9292 Jan 22 '13 at 14:44

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.