I am trying to follow a set of instructions and am looking to copy and paste a vector mask to a gradient layer. For some reason when I simply do cmd c and cmd v to the gradient layer nothing is happening.
Here are my instructions:
Method 1: Color Overlay on Gradient Layer
- Create a Gradient Layer. Choose light grey and dark grey color stops. You can fine tune it later.
- Create a vector mask of the button
- Copy the vector mask and paste it on the gradient layer (Select the vector mask > Ctrl + C > Select the gradient layer > Ctrl + V)
- Click Layer > Vector Mask > Current Path.
- Go to Blending Options and apply Color Overlay with blend mode Color.
- Now you can try out colors just by changing this color.