Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to redraw the logo below but I don't know what the font is. Help is welcome.

enter image description here

share|improve this question
Have you tried contacting the company to see if they have a hi-res or vector version of the logo they can supply? If the logo is being used legitimately, they should be happy to provide a better version than having it redrawn, possibly violating their own branding guidelines. – Philip Regan Jan 31 '13 at 15:54
@PhilipRegan, I'd just asked by e-mail. Lets see. Thanks. – Sigur Jan 31 '13 at 15:59
Whoever drew that logo, they misaligned the "A". – Joe Z. Jan 31 '13 at 16:53
@JoeZeng, also the P, it is not closed. – Sigur Jan 31 '13 at 16:58
up vote 6 down vote accepted

Looks like a modified version of Peignot to me.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
It is Piegnot Demi, but the linked typeface is not actually the typeface "Peignot" – horatio Jan 31 '13 at 16:12
ACTUALLY, I take that back: the logo is a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters normalized for height & size. That typeface looks correct. – horatio Jan 31 '13 at 16:17
The P is different. – Sigur Jan 31 '13 at 16:34
The P is probably an R with the descender clipped off. You will need to modify it or mask it. – horatio Jan 31 '13 at 18:29
All that to say what I said originally: It's a modified version of Piegnot. Not extensively so, making the OP's job much easier. – plainclothes Jan 31 '13 at 20:47

If that's the only image you have, you'll have more luck redrawing it entirely in curves than trying to find a match (there is none in WhatTheFont)

You can redraw the logo using Inkscape, Illustrator or similar. Just paste the image in a payer and lock it, and draw the logo on top of it (you then need to get rid of the original bitmap).

share|improve this answer
Thanks. The problem is that I don't have a high resolution image to redraw it. So it's difficult to do a good job. – Sigur Jan 31 '13 at 2:03
Of course you do, look: Just do a search for Profmat in google images (almost always works!) – Yisela Jan 31 '13 at 2:12

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.