Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How do you create squared big pixel texture like this in photoshop?

enter image description here

share|improve this question
Can you please be more specific ? What exactly do you mean by big pixel texture ? – George Profenza Feb 17 '13 at 22:56
By "big pixel" I meant squares you can see on the image – Onur Celebi Feb 18 '13 at 11:24

Hard to be certain what you're looking for; one way to get something like this would be to use the Texture > Patchwork filter, with relief set to 0, square size to suit your needs.

share|improve this answer
that's it. Thanks a lot – Onur Celebi Feb 18 '13 at 11:33

I would say a grid is constructed using shape tools, then various fills, textures and filters are used to create the look thats desired, then it is probably fiddled with so that it is perfectly tile-able - using the offset filter

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.