Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How do you design that bubble?:

enter image description here

I tried to use a rectangle and a rounded shape but didn't work out nicely. Would be really nice if someone can point out (or if this kind of shape already exist!).

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

In Photoshop I'd draw a Round Corners Rectangle, and then use the Direct Selection Tool to eliminate the curves of the corner you want in a straight angle:

enter image description here

I think there is a tool in Gimp that lets you give each corner of the round rectangle a different value, but I'm not sure.

share|improve this answer
point out that the rectangle tool is right next to the pen tool and that you can adjust the corner radius in the tool's options bar – BillyNair Feb 24 '13 at 3:59
Thanks very much! – User007 Feb 24 '13 at 6:45

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.