Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is the a name to the shape that connects the outside of a stencil letter to its interior enabling the letter to be cut through and retain its counters.

enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 10 down vote accepted

It's called a bridge.


Source: Stencil on Wikipedia

share|improve this answer
Of course, thanks – Pedro Gonçalves Mar 6 '13 at 23:25

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.