Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm aware of the "rotate canvas tool" in Photoshop CS 5 (which shares a spot in the tool menu with the "grabber hand tool").

What I'm wondering is if there's a way you can perform that function interactively, like you can with the zoom tool. I mean the kind of thing where you hold some key or key combo down and click and drag.

share|improve this question

OK, figured it out. Just hold down the R key and click-and-drag inside the viewport.

share|improve this answer
You should probably accept your answer. :) – Cust0dian Apr 6 '13 at 10:52
I can't do so, yet. – Ethan Apr 7 '13 at 11:27
it says that work only with openGL windows.. any ideas? – Yannis Dran May 14 '14 at 22:15

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.