Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Can anybody tell what is the name of this font?

Sample image

I checked in WhatTheFont but it didn't show any results.

share|improve this question
Seems like handmade letters. Could you post the link, where you found it? – Afterlame Apr 8 '13 at 17:08
sorry afterlame i have no link – Sumann Apr 8 '13 at 17:29
Do you only have a W and F? Any other letters? – Andrew Leach Apr 8 '13 at 18:00
You can also ask at . Normally you get answers pretty quickly. Don't forget to also post the answer here if you get it answered in the typophile forum! – leugim Apr 8 '13 at 18:43
thanx leguim . i will surely do that – Sumann Apr 9 '13 at 3:35

The closest match I could find so far is P22 Constructivist Line, which has an almost identical W, although the F is different:

P22 Constructivist Line

A few other Art Deco stencil fonts with a similar W that I found are:

Ritz Stencil JNL:

Ritz Stencil JNL

FP Palina:

FP Palina

Waddem Choo NF:

Waddem Choo NF

Perhaps the best known typeface in this style is Futura Black, whose W is similar, but lacks the sharp bottom corners:

Futura Black

I haven't managed to find anything with that triangular F yet, though.

share|improve this answer
The W is spot on but the F is completely different, weird. – Darth_Vader Apr 24 '13 at 15:38
The F in the question was previously used by F-Prot as their logo. I reckon the font is drawn, especially if the only letters are W and F. – Andrew Leach Apr 24 '13 at 17:53
@AndrewLeach: If you mean this logo (which was, apparently, actually used by F-Secure for several years after the two product lines split), I actually had the exact same initial reaction, but on closer inspection they're really not that similar -- except, that is, for the obvious matter of being a letter F drawn in the shape of a triangle. – Ilmari Karonen Apr 24 '13 at 18:46
Nice find! That's some funky type :D – Brendan Apr 25 '13 at 18:24

I was trying to identify a typeface several months ago and although WhatTheFont didn't automatically identify it, the WhatTheFont Forum quickly found the answer for me, so definitely try their forum as well.

share|improve this answer

that type of font is considered a "techno font". try searching a few font sites that offer techno fonts and some allow you to preview the font so enter "W" and "F"

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.