Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have 50 or so layers (imported images as smart objects) that I would like to scale down, while they stay in place. Is there a way of doing this? I know After Effects has, is there a similar Scale property in photoshop?

share|improve this question
Regretfully, I do not think it's possible. (InDesign does it.... but PS does not - drives me nuts!) –  user12985 May 27 '13 at 14:14
Here's a PS script that should at least point you to the right direction: pastebin.com/BLZjsXUb –  Joonas Jun 27 '13 at 11:21

2 Answers 2

up vote 1 down vote accepted

What you are seeking is a "Transform Each" function. Photoshop simply does not offer this ability. Adobe Illustrator does if that is an option.

share|improve this answer

Yes. 3 steps:

  1. Select all layers you would like to scale down
  2. Go EditFree Transform
  3. Use the Free Transform panel
    • Or scale it down by hand, using the handles (press shift to maintain the proportion)
share|improve this answer
I already knew that, but this way they scale relative to one, common anchor point. I wish to scale them each around theit respective anchor points. I'm looking for a way to automate that. –  Gabor Magyar Apr 26 '13 at 18:04

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.