Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm a newbie. I want to ask how to create a double shadow like this:

enter image description here

I don't know how it's called!

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

I'd maybe call it a "realistic shadow".

This is how you can do it:

  • Start with a rectangular shape
  • Apply a gaussian blur filter (filter -> blur -> gaussian blur)
  • Select the warp tool (edit -> transform -> warp) and move around the points on the sides
  • Add a mask (or rectangular shape) to cover the top part.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
Thank to you, I've found this… I think It should be called exactly "realistic box shadow". – Solr Newbie Apr 21 '13 at 10:56

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.