Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

There are several helvetica alternative questions here, but they don't do the trick.

Rounded corners helvetica has letters that are slightly slimmer than regular helvetica and it has rounded tips instead of square shaped tips at line ends.

I've been trying to find alternative for web (i need to generate web fonts but apparently adobe has asked fontsquirrel not do give out helvetica fonts) and so far my search has yielded me nothing, despite going through several free font sites like

Helvetica rounded condensed

share|improve this question
Are you only looking for a free option? – JohnB Jun 5 '13 at 13:18
Right now i am yes. – Odif Yltsaeb Jun 5 '13 at 13:25
Just remember that--at least for commercial projects--the time it takes to find alternatives sometimes exceeds the cost of just licensing the original font. – DA01 Jun 5 '13 at 18:22
@DA01, hence the outsourcing ;) – JohnB Jun 5 '13 at 19:00
up vote 1 down vote accepted


BPreplay font

Not quite as condensed, but very similar

share|improve this answer
I actually decided to go with :, but your suggestion is very very close too. Thanks! – Odif Yltsaeb Jun 6 '13 at 7:10
@OdifYltsaeb, you should post that as an answer and mark it as accepted if that's what you chose. No shame in answering your own question! – JohnB Jun 6 '13 at 12:33

Personally I love VAG Rounded (that's the font on the mac keyboards), but if you do want to convert the helvetica rounded to a webfont, try font2web

share|improve this answer
You'd need a proper license to use Helvetica as a web font. – DA01 Jun 5 '13 at 18:21

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.