Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

I'm looking to recreate this effect in Photoshop by giving a shadow only to the corners of the rectangle (in this case a sticky note):

shadow example

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by JohnB Jan 12 '14 at 16:51

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 8 down vote accepted

You can either use a normal drop shadow for the outer irregular one (a short distance with a larger size will let you see the borders all around the shape), which will give you something like this:

enter image description here

Or manually add one for the bottom corners using shapes, transformations and blur:

enter image description here

To recreate it just:

  • Duplicate the shape in the back, and use the Warp tool to lower the bottom corners

  • Apply a Gaussian blur to the shadow shape

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.