Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On the mac you simply pressed cmd and when you clicked, and Photoshop would select the layer beneath your cursor. However, pressing ctrl and clicking, or pressing Alt and clicking doesn't do the same thing in Windows.

What key combination do I need to fast-select layers in Windows?


share|improve this question

give this a read! (also the comments below the article):

Short answer: V >> auto-select: layer

and Ctrl + click

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.