Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I recall reading an article prior to CS6 releasing that Photoshop (or perhaps another CS6 product?) would include a feature that would allow taking a stereographic photo of an object, and then detect the foreground object from the background, thus allowing clean extraction of a photographed object from the background.

I don't own CS6 yet, but I can't for the life of me find this article again. Does this feature exist in CS6, and if so, what is it called?

share|improve this question

No, unfortunately that isn't in CS6 (or CC as far as I can tell). If you're on a PC here are a few utilities for making depth maps from stereographic pairs though. Those may give you a starting point at least.

share|improve this answer
so crazy, I remember seeing a video of this in action as part of the upcoming adobe release... I guess it got dropped? ;/ – boomhauer Aug 14 '13 at 22:09

You might be recalling the new features in the content aware move tool that was implemented in Photoshop CS6. This is a video explaining the process.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.