Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

How do I create this type of effect with an image? I'm wondering how to get the thick edges and the tilted look. Is there an online tool that will convert a flat image to look like this?

enter image description here


share|improve this question
This and this might be of help! –  Yisela Aug 22 '13 at 23:43
Thanks a lot, Pixeden looks awesome! –  Prabhu Aug 23 '13 at 0:54

2 Answers 2

up vote 6 down vote accepted

If you want to recreate the image using Photoshop, you could do something like the following (please excuse my very quick and poor example!).

  • Create a rectangle
  • Use Transform > Skew to transform the rectangle in a way that imitates the desired perspective
  • Duplicate the layer and place it behind the original one, complete the corners by drawing more shapes
  • Apply your portfolio image to the first shape, and draw or cut and skew the side (there is no 'automatic' way of doing this)
  • Use lights and shadows to recreate the photographic effect

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

I would recommend using the Illustrator perspective grid because it allows you to easily maintain and edit things on a plane.

Here's a very quick example I put together:

enter image description here

I recently answered a question dealing with the perspective grid that also included some further reading links at the bottoms. It's a great tool to read up on if you're serious about doing vector-based perspective work.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.