Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

If I try to create a 3D effect in Photoshop (or on paper), I always get it wrong. I remember how easy it was to create cubes in graph paper, but hard in plain paper.

I wonder is there are any grids available to help me with this? This grid for example looks like what I am looking for, but it seems to be for a particular purpose. Are there any other Photoshop grid to create these 3D effects?

share|improve this question

What version of Photoshop do you have, as 3D is built in and you can create 3D objects (meshes) in Photoshop using the Repoussé/Extrude function in the 3D menu. You can also load other 3D models or other assets into Photoshop for rendering and compositing.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.