Sign up ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I try elliptical marquee tool in Photoshop. But it goes either vertical or horizontal. And when I try to rotate it afterwards it rotates with what's in it. I need to make a diagonal elliptical selection of my subject for a motion blur effect. Is there an option for it?

share|improve this question

migrated from Sep 14 '13 at 17:33

This question came from our site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers.

1 Answer 1

So... In photoshop, make the ellipse the size and shape that you want. Then, go to the "Select" menu and select "Transform Selection" and rotate/resize the selection. This will not rotate/scale the underlying image, just the selection's "marching ants."

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.