Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional graphic designers and non-designers trying to do their own graphic design. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Which "effect" is a greater visual indicator for a line which looks to be travelling into the screen? A color gradient, or greater to narrower width (starting at full width on the bottom and narrowing as the top approaches)?

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 2 down vote accepted

It really depends upon surrounding objects.

However, I'd say that the foreshortening will convey depth a bit more than a gradient.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.