Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to color an object in Photoshop and I would like it to look like the tree in this image, with darker edges. I know I can do this manually with the brush tool, but is there an even quicker and easier way of achiving this effect?

Thanks in advance! Nena

enter image description here

share|improve this question

You need to set inner glow (yes glow not shadow) in your object. Set your desired color, blend mode and size (as in your image it could be black color and multiply)

How to set inner glow? Right click on layer with your object > Choose Blending options > Check and set Inner Glow.

Then you can easily apply this effect to other objects by copying layer style. Again right click on object with layer style > copy layer style > paste it to another object(s).

share|improve this answer
Thank you! I´ll try this! :) – Nena Oct 1 '13 at 11:14

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.