Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

I want to do something similiar like this picture in Gimp (or Photoshop if required). Any ideas on how to proceed? Anything useful will be appreciated.

enter image description here

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Darth_Vader, Vincent, e-sushi, Takkat, Brendan Oct 7 '13 at 18:16

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

At the top right if you search for noise A huge list of similar questions will show up. Others that may help are How do I reduce noise in an image? and How to make a noise/paper background in PS – Darth_Vader Oct 7 '13 at 13:59
Also google 'film grain effects' – DA01 Oct 7 '13 at 16:00

The noise part is pretty simple. In Photoshop, create a new layer and fill it white. Go Filter > Noise > Add Noise. After you've adjusted it to your liking, change the blend mode on the layer to multiply and place it above the rest of your image.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.