Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I was watching bbc click today, and they showed this website (can't remember) where there was a picture, When you zoom into the picture, it does not get hazy. You actually zoom straight into another picture, and this just goes on and on. It is like a sort of infinite zooming. Could anyone tell me the name of this and even a place on the net where i can see this.

share|improve this question
You mean something like this: – Takkat Oct 20 '13 at 19:50
I think they are often called infinite zoom pictures. --- They do not need to be generated from a computed model (like fractals) but they can be composed from multiple painted images like: or from multiple photographs / videos: --- You can notice that the first two examples can be shown in an infinite loop. – pabouk Aug 1 '15 at 11:08

I didn't see BBC Click. Images which are infinitely recursive are probably fractals (Wikipedia has articles on fractals and fractal art).

An online zoomable gallery is available at (in this gallery each level of zoom has separate images: there may well be a gallery elsewhere which actually zooms).

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.