Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What's this style of design called?

enter image description here


[UPDATE:] I should have posted more examples, here's another and I'll look for more:

enter image description here

I'm talking about styles like "grunge" or "elegant" that if you search for you can find more designs that look like that.

share|improve this question
Circular. I might even go for "round." – Lauren Ipsum May 24 '11 at 17:28
up vote 18 down vote accepted

The style is basically Constructivist. It was a dominant style in Soviet Russia in the 30s and 40s and still influences graphic design in that part of the world today (no coincidence that your examples are German and Polish). Bauhaus and Art Deco were both influences.

share|improve this answer

I don't know if you can be that specific, but there's probably some Bauhaus poster design in there. Take a look at Jan Tschichold/Herbert Bayer...

share|improve this answer

wherever i know its grid/column based design approach with a round and some modification to look asymmetrical different (don't know why he used round),its completely based on semi fluid layout.

Mostly its designed by full page divided into desired symmetrical/asymmetrical size..horizontally /vertically depends on designer

Detailed explantion about grid system

Hope it helps....

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.