So I bought this business card template that comes as a PSD file with the U.S Web Coated (SWOP) v2 CMYK profile. I edited it in Photoshop and then found out the printer company:
- wants CMYK colour mode and uses FOGRA39 as the profile.
- says fonts must be converted into paths / curves or embedded completely.
- suggests to send PDF/ X-standard (PDF/ X3-standard or PDF/ X1a-standard).
So now I am unsure what to do so colors on the card look as close as these on screen:
- Convert to FOGRA39 > save as PDF using FOGRA39
- Rasterize > Flatten > convert to FOGRA39 > save as PDF using FOGRA39
- Save as PDF using FOGRA39 directly
Also I believe Photoshop uses vector fonts, thus I assume it is better NOT to rasterize them, so when saved to PDF they look great at any magnification? Would that work if the printer company doesn't have the font? I mean is this what they mean by "embedded completely"