Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm designing a web template in Photoshop and I need to create a style which looks like a pie with cut pieces. How could I create it using Photoshop CS3 tools? Or it can only created in Illustrator?

Any extra advice on how to create pie graphics in Illustrator or Photoshop will be greatly appreciated.

here my try need to show the circle like cut pieces like pie chat now i created this in Photoshop

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by Yisela Oct 30 '13 at 22:28

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I think you mean Ellipse Tool? – Darth_Vader Oct 30 '13 at 19:18
@Vivek I'm not sure why Scott's post doesn't answer your question, could you maybe provide an example of what it is you're trying to create? – JohnB Oct 30 '13 at 19:29
can you explain why what Scott posted doesnt answer your question if you use the Graph Tool? At the moment, when you read this entire question and the comments it almost looks like you haven't attempted the answer and are wanting someone to design it for you. That may not be your intention but I am also confused on why the answer wont work. – Darth_Vader Oct 30 '13 at 19:59
So are you looking to illustrate "pie" meaning a bakery item? Not a graphical representation of data? – ckpepper02 Oct 30 '13 at 20:08
Your added image has merely confused the matter, and slightly befuddled me as to why you feel my answer may be inadequate. (Note: prior to the question edit, you asked for either a Photoshop or Illustrator method. I provided an Illustrator method which is much easier than anything Photoshop offers. The edit to the question now makes it read as if you only want a Photoshop solution.) – Scott Oct 31 '13 at 6:23
up vote 5 down vote accepted

There's a graph tool in Illustrator.

enter image description here

This is the resulting artwork when using the Pie Graph Tool in Illustrator:

enter image description here

If you want a more elaborate appearance you can:

  • Create your pie graph
  • ungroup
  • apply Effect > 3D > Extrude & Bevel
  • expand
  • alter for better appearance.

enter image description here

This is not even half as easy to accomplish with Photoshop. Create it in Illustrator then copy/paste to Photoshop if needed.

share|improve this answer
moreover am asking not a pie chart i need a circle which has a pie like structure with pieces like pie chart :( – Vivek Vikranth Oct 30 '13 at 19:28
Isn't the above a "pie like structure with pieces"? Did you even bother to try the Pie Graph Tool to see what it creates? How about at least a little effort on your part? Don't get overly hung up on the name of the tool. – Scott Oct 30 '13 at 19:30
sorry i din't worked with illustrator before thats why i asked you up there is that think available on Adobe CS3 – Vivek Vikranth Oct 30 '13 at 19:39
The Graph Tool was first seen in Illustrator 5.0 I believe. (and hasn't really been updated much since) It's been there for a couple decades and is present in Illustrator CS3 (v13). – Scott Oct 30 '13 at 19:41
i tried and got thanks.. :) – Vivek Vikranth Oct 31 '13 at 15:06

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.