Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

When I am searching for designers, I find that an important skill is "layout" in the old DTP sense.

The ability to position things on a page in a logical, attractive fashion.

Do the kids these days still call that "layout"?

share|improve this question

migrated from webmasters.stackexchange.com Nov 7 '13 at 4:05

This question came from our site for pro webmasters.

maybe 'print layout' to differentiate it from web layout? –  Vincent Nov 7 '13 at 9:51
the ability to do good layout is "talent" –  horatio Nov 7 '13 at 17:34

1 Answer 1

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Yes, it's still referred to as layout.

In some cases "page design" may be used, but that generally is geared more toward web design.

Essentially you layout a print design whereas you design a web page.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.