Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

You see I want to know how this split inbetween the text is achieved like how it slants. Also does anyone know what the font to this is? It's really cool, or does anyone have any fonts that are similar to this? Thanks guys!ASAP ROCKY

share|improve this question
Software? What have you tried? – Scott Nov 9 '13 at 18:15
@Scott Photoshop CS6 and I have tried literally everything! Including cutting it in half and moving it to make it like that – rvngkaz Nov 9 '13 at 19:16
Why did "cutting it in half and moving it to make it like that" not work? – Scott Nov 9 '13 at 21:10
up vote 2 down vote accepted

I made a rectengular selection covering the top half of the text. Then from the menu I chose:

Select > Transform Selection

and rotated the selection about 5°. Then I cut & paste this selection and moved the layer down left. Finally I added a 2px drop shadow.

I used Arial Black as font but that's not the one from your graphic.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
Thanks! How do you cut it because I've done the transformation but I cant seem to cut it? – rvngkaz Nov 9 '13 at 20:29
I merged the text layer with an new empty layer and then did ctrl+x and ctrl+v. – John Nov 9 '13 at 20:47

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.