Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need a tool to replace all pixels having a specific color with another color..

So basically a brush that works only with pixel having a specific color.


share|improve this question

There are many ways to do this:

You can use the colour replacement brush:

You can use layers, double click on the background layer to make it 'layer 0'.

You could then select by colour (eyedropper the color to make it the current foreground color, then use Select > Color Range), setting fuzziness accordingly..

Then you can put this selection into a layer mask.

Now you can create a new layer, fill it with your desired colour and drag it below layer 0 to show through the holes created earlier.

Flatten the image if okay, otherwise you can edit the layer mask as desired.

share|improve this answer
That's a very interesting solution :) – Adrien Be Jul 5 at 10:08

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.