Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

See the below image of a keyboard of an IBM ThinkPad X41. What is the font used for labeling the keys?

Note that the font is used on many, if not all, ThinkPad keyboards. However, I am not sure about that, and that's the reason why I stayed specific to the X41 keyboard.

Image at full resolution: http://i.stack.imgur.com/z4kd4.png

Scan of keyboard top

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

Looks very much like Helvetica

share|improve this answer
Yes. G, R and 1 are the characteristic glyphs to differentiate Helvetica from similar fonts. –  Andrew Leach Nov 10 '13 at 9:23
Thanks for the suggestion. Check pending. Also note the non-ASCII characters: Ö, Ä, etc. –  feklee Nov 10 '13 at 10:34

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.