Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've made some random text in photoshop. I want to make that text look like mirror image, like in picture below:

enter image description here

But the problem that I'm facing is, that I'm using pattern overlay effect on my primary text. And if I transform this text to vertical image, there is a whole new color applied to that mirrored text. Please take a look what I mean:

enter image description here

So my question is: How do I apply same pattern color as the first layer? So my mirror image will be exactly the same as original image (except flipped vertical)

share|improve this question
I’m not entirely sure if I understand the problem. But what I would try is adding the pattern effect and then converting the Layer to a Smart Object (Right Click the layer > …). Then duplicate it and flip it. If you want to change the pattern just Doubleclick the Smart Object. –  mnxd Oct 25 at 14:15

1 Answer 1

Why don't you try out the following:

  1. Have just 'Hello' written as a text layer and apply the pattern overlay as you want to.
  2. Duplicate the text layer
  3. Free transform it to rotate it 180 degrees
  4. Rasterize the new rotated layer
  5. Finally, play with a foreground to transparent gradient on it, or maybe its opacity and blend mode.

This approach might seem amateur, but you'l easily get what you are looking for.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.