Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I found the paper format of Lecture Notes in Computer Science proceedings issued by Springer very nice. I tried to find out what is it, but I wasn't able to find it in Wiki list of paper sizes. The book size is 236mm x 155mm (9.3in x 6.1in) after binding. I think it's 236mm x 157mm (9.3in x 6.2in) before binding since that would make a 3:2 ratio.

I would like to know whether this paper size is recognized under any name/code.

(I basically ask because I wouldn't like to use a fairly non-standard paper size. However, part of me is quite curious about it as well.)

share|improve this question
Is it softcover black and white, saddle stitch or perfect bound? – Darth_Vader Nov 19 '13 at 15:01
@Matt_2.0 Hi! It's soft-cover. I don't know what do you ask by "black and white", the cover is color, the book itself is BW. – yo' Nov 19 '13 at 15:15
up vote 3 down vote accepted

There is what's known as a standard printing size. However, some printers offer clients with alternative sizes that would increase the selection and demand. Paper generally comes on a huge roll and is printed then trimmed to size:

enter image description here

The book you are curious about has a 6.69in x 9.61in trim size on white Matte 66gsm/45lb. paper

share|improve this answer
Now tell me how do you know all the details about the paper! (Seriously, I wonder) – yo' Nov 21 '13 at 10:36
I have designed a few books to be printed before and this is one of the sizes. – Darth_Vader Nov 21 '13 at 14:14

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.