Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm trying to figure out what is the font that the word 'BEST' is. If anybody has any idea that would be helpful. I've tried font recognition, but not coming back with any results. Thanks in advance!

enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

The style you are looking for is "woodcut" the most often seen ones are Rosewood and Zebrawood, but there is HUGE variation.

Honestly, this has the look of a custom-made image. If I were to guess, the '5' is probably where they got the curl. The majority of the typeface is repetitions of 2 or 3 forms aka copy/paste/modify. The B, T and E are, at their core, slightly altered versions of each other.

Without having the font on hand, it would be faster to make 4 letters than find it IMO.

share|improve this answer
Looks like they might have used as a base a lighter variant of whatever the "THE ... ISSUE ... STOCKS THAT YIELD" font is, then traced it and adjusted it, copying, pasting and merging the added embellishments. The proportions look quite similar (taking into account that the non-modified version is bolder). – user568458 Nov 26 '13 at 18:24
Good eye Horatio, this is custom made, as mentioned by the designer herself here; Lettering seems to be her thing :) – Jenna Nov 28 '13 at 0:06

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.