Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have some images with a transparent background like this:

enter image description here

So, when applying it somewhere it looks like that:

enter image description here

And all i want to is add a frame around it to looks like that :

enter image description here

So, how can i do that ?

share|improve this question
Hey, welcome to GD. What have you tried so far? –  Jenna Dec 9 '13 at 11:51

1 Answer 1

1- Create a rounded-edges square on Photoshop, put it above the image you desire.

2- Reduce its "Fill" to 0% (not the opacity)

3- Open the Layer Style window for this shape, add a 2px white stroke for example and click Ok

Hope this helps

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.