Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I really want to do this kind of effect where it looks like a person is disintegrating away, but I have no idea what it is called:

share|improve this question
possible duplicate of Plugin or brush for transforming a photo to a fractal in gimp? –  Scott Dec 23 '13 at 3:33
[The actor from the photo is] Thala Ajith –  Bala Dec 23 '13 at 4:16
It looks like someone just did a photoshop drawing. It can be done with a drawing tablet (like a Wacom) and some painting program like Corel Draw or Photoshop. –  OghmaOsiris Dec 23 '13 at 6:08

1 Answer 1

up vote 5 down vote accepted

THanks To Bala's clue in the comment.... I found the original source photo....

It's merely Adobe Photoshop's Oil Paint Filter

Here's one with these settings:

enter image description here

enter image description here

This is a completely new image generated by running the oil paint filter on the same source photo. This is not merely a reposting of your sample image.

share|improve this answer
I didn't even think of the oil paint filter, lol. I erased most of those filters from my memory. –  OghmaOsiris Dec 23 '13 at 8:30
I'm glad to help with a single word and yes I'm the fan of thala ajith. –  Bala Dec 23 '13 at 11:02
Thank you Scott :) you are the best :) –  user3102126 Dec 23 '13 at 14:44

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.