Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

enter image description here

i would like to know the name of this classic font.The best part of this font is, it have diagonal shadow font.

share|improve this question
I doubt that the shadow is "part" of the font as such; it is most likely added to the plain, light gray font. You can add shadows like that yourself. – Benteh Dec 26 '13 at 11:53
@boblet there are fonts with the shadow -- -- -- neither of these have the small serifs of the example, but I'm certain that must be part of the font. But you are right that it could easily be created for any font. – Scott Dec 26 '13 at 16:22
up vote 2 down vote accepted

It's "Abraham Lincoln", designed by Frances MacLeod and available for purchase/download at LostType:

Original screenshot with Abraham Lincoln overlayed

"Abraham Lincoln" at 136pt and "Tracking" increased to 92; the first "R" is slighly off - this easily fixed with some manual kerning; set in Adobe Illustrator

Edit: Here are some tutorials describing how to create the diagonal line pattern used in the shadow:

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.