Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

How to create the following text graphic? Which software is made this with? Something like Blender?

enter image description here

More pictures here.

share|improve this question
What have you tried? I don't mean to sound rude, but GDSE is not an ask-for-the-tutorial board. Try googling something like 'glossy text tutorial' and add the software of your choice -- you'll get thousand if not millions of results. If you tried something and are getting stuck, come back here by all means. –  Vincent Feb 4 '14 at 13:32

1 Answer 1

Simply by looking at the image you can break it into it's parts...

  • The bottom section of the numbers seems solid.
  • There is a level of embossing going on for the edges.
  • The top portion of the numbers seem to have a form of a radial gradient applied to it.

You can limit the area that the radial gradient is applied to each letter by making selections and then applying the said gradient to a layer above the text, and then use a blending mode to make it look like a single image.

This is what I would do to recreate it... or you could search for a tutorial.
Photoshop has very few "single click" solutions... it is in the layering of solutions that the power is reveled.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.