Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I don't know what is this kind of paper call (1cm x 1cm grid) but I am trying to find this kind of paper in A4. (After searching google for 2 hours)

What is the name for a graph / grid paper is where the lines are dashed?

P.S. I'm trying to practice my graphic designing class if anyone know where I can download it would be great. :)

enter image description here

share|improve this question
If you want something to download and print yourself, why not just make a grid yourself with 1cm dashed lines and print it? Very easy in Illustrator or InDesign. I'm not aware of any specific name for dashed line grid paper or graph paper. If the reason why you want dashed lines is because the grid is less obtrusive, Whitelines squared paper is very good - white lines on light grey paper, very subtle. Example image. – user568458 Feb 5 '14 at 13:42
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I did a search for dashed graphing paper and found this page Graph Paper Generator that allows you to changed the lines to dashed and then generate your page.

On McGraw-Hill they have centimeter dot and centimeter line but nothing for dashed. I am inclined to just call it "Dashed Graphing Paper." I'm not seeing any standard term that I could find it with though.

share|improve this answer
Thanks for the answer! Helps me alot!:) – Intouch Marsvongpragorn Feb 5 '14 at 13:56

Inspiration Hut offers a lot of printable paper. However, what you're looking for is probably one of these grids.

share|improve this answer
Thanks for replying. It seems to don't have the dashed line grid I am trying to find though. :/ – Intouch Marsvongpragorn Feb 5 '14 at 13:32
That's true. Sorry for misleading you. Ryan just posted a great response though. – Frederick Andersen Feb 5 '14 at 13:55

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.