Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

enter image description here

I Am a beginner in Photoshop. I don't exactly know the name of the thing I have highlighted in the above image. How to make such contents on a background image? Do mention if it can be done using any other tools.

Thanks in advance.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Benteh, ckpepper02, Darth_Vader, Johannes, Andrew Leach Feb 6 '14 at 16:51

  • This question does not appear to be about graphic design within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

It is unclear to me what you are asking... to me, the circled objects are buttons with icons with some dropshadows. – Benteh Feb 6 '14 at 13:25
@VelS its created either with inner shadows or with drop shadows as well as slight bevel. Try applying both styles and play with the settings, its not too hard to figure out. – Ryan Feb 6 '14 at 13:42
possible duplicate of How to create embossed text in Photoshop? – ckpepper02 Feb 6 '14 at 14:37
There's also… which describes the method (but is not Photoshop-specific). – Andrew Leach Feb 6 '14 at 16:23
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Right click at an empty portion of your layer and choose "Blending Options". Then, play with "Bevel and Emboss" section.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.