Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to snap and or merge the lines to the circles in order for me to create a rounded slash \ type design.

Adobe Illustrator Screenshot

share|improve this question
Nevermind I got it i just created halve circles and the connected the lines. – Michael D. Irizarry Feb 17 '14 at 15:57
up vote 4 down vote accepted

Another way of doing it, using the new corner radius handles

  1. Draw a rectangle the width of your current circles
  2. Using the direct select tool (white arrow) hover on the rectangle. You will notice there are little handles inside the shape, close to each corner. These handles control the radius of the corners. Grab any of them and drag them towards the inside of the rectangle to the maximum (until the rounded corners meet).
  3. Rotate the shape to the required angle.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

I know this is not what you asked, but you could use a stroke with rounded caps for a "slash" design.

  1. Draw a stroke
  2. Change the stroke width to the desired width of the slash (the diameter of your current circles)
  3. Add rounded caps to the stroke (with the stroke selected open the stroke panel, click on the top right corner to expand options if necessary then select the rounded caps.
  4. Expand the stroke (with the stroke selected select Object->Expand. Make sure Fill and Stroke are ticked then click OK)
  5. Recolour the new object if necesary.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

I would take a look at this video explaining the shape builder tool, a quick way to fuse and substract shapes from each other.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.