I'm going nuts here. I'll try to be straight to the point.
I'm using Photoshop CC and have this dark background image for a poster with some text info. Sentences in white, three infos in purple, which I already chose from the web color palete. The thing is, I need to use this poster for the web, I've saved it, tried and checked and rechecked it all, and everytime the purple text is all blurry and pixelated when uploading on Facebook. The white text is ok. I didn't want to put all text in white and have it solved by that, it seems to me it will look too boring for this design. So, I'm looking forward to any tips or possible solutions I might not have tried to get this text unblurred and unpixelated! Here it goes:
- the file mode is set s-rgb, 72dpi, all like it should be
- I'm saving it as png-8 through the save for web option, have tried png-24, gif, with and without transparency, 256 colors, 128 colors, checked and unchecked include color profile, selective, perceptive...
- As Facebook compresses in jpg, I've saved the file as png and then as jpg to see if there was some sort of magic to happen, it just got worse of course.
- I've tried all anti-aliasing options and none
- I've tried small (120k), medium(700k) and large(2m) file sizes, they all have the blurry pixelated outcome on the purple text when uploaded to Facebook. Resized the images through the save for web dialog and the resize from the image menu
- When I try a lighter hue of purple, the blurry gets better, still don't find it good enough and didn't want light colors for this. I've tried many purpleish and magentaish for the record
- I've tried different font types, no change
- I've even put white rectangles to background the purple text to see if it would work better, and the answer is no, it doesn't
- Tracking, fractional widths on, off, all tried out
Some examples of the text on fb:
So, what am I missing? What else can I try? Is it just an irreparable FB issue? I'm not an Illustrator or any other graphic/image editing software user, but if there is any that could help me with that... I'm becoming a fan.