Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm trying to find this font or something similar as its really perfect for what I'm needing.. I'm looking for a cursive font, clear and italic many thanks! James

enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

this one is close (but not 100% matchs) for the font on the picture

FF Atma Serif Italic

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

It's rather like a Baskerville. Baskerville was an eighteenth-century English designer, so there are hundreds of variants now.

This one is Linotype's:

Linotype Baskerville

You might also look at a Bodoni, which has the unlooped w and splayed y. Bodoni was also an eighteenth-century designer (Italian, though) so again there are hundreds of variants. Most have a marked difference between "thicks" and "thins", which isn't so apparent in your example.

Here's Linotype's again:

Linotype Bodoni

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.