Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How would I go about creating this type of border? Large image.

Example image

share|improve this question

migrated from Jul 25 '11 at 19:54

This question came from our site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers.

That's someone using the Inner Glow layer effect. Set the Technique to Precise rather than Softer, and a Size of 25-ish px. It will even give you that "corner line".

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

In Photoshop, double-click the background layer to make it a normal layer. Then apply a Bevel & Emboss layer style. I tried Inner Bevel and it looked about like the sample. You can play with the parameters -- size and soften. A lot of it depends on the size of your image. Hope this gets you started. You might also try Emboss or Pillow Emboss instead of Inner Bevel to see if you like those effects better.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.