Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Image showing tattooed lettering

I need to find the font for these names so I can tell my tattoo artist. I found one called 'Ancient German Gothic' but that only looked similar. I can't find the right one where the J's have the curve, the H has a little branch like thing on the top, the S's are like the S's. Anyone know the font?

share|improve this question
Tattoos can often be hand lettered based upon a font, but it's not the same as seeing a font in print. My guess would be you simply need to find a blackletter font you feel is close. – Scott May 21 '14 at 18:51
Thanks Scott and Andrew. I found a website and that gave me the font. After all it is called 'Medieval German' – Joey Wood May 21 '14 at 22:52

Look at these two fonts, which could be taken as a base for the tattoo -


enter image description here

Deutsche Zierschrift

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.