Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

enter image description here

How can I create this type of effect in Illustrator?

share|improve this question
Greetings Andrew! Do you mind posting what you have tried? At this time this would appear to others as if you are wanting a tutorial and this tends to be frowned upon on GD and sometimes downvoted. If you can provide what you have tried I am also sure you will receive better answers, too. – Darth_Vader May 25 '14 at 14:00
up vote 1 down vote accepted

It looks like painting (via mouse or stylus) with round brush. You can try. Don't forget to double-click over brush icon to open additional params.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.