Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm want create photo-effect like this I'm guess it 2 layer blend or mask with the subject(woman) and forest but how I re-create it in Photoshop

Thanks under the skin

share|improve this question
I'm just put the woman on top layer and set multiply 10-20% but the result come out not good enough – Nuttanon Pornpipak Jul 3 '14 at 18:54

I think you kind of answered your own question there.

Most likely you'd have one layer with the woman lying down and one with the forest shot. The forest layer should be beneath the one with the woman.

Then you can choose a variety of different approaches, but the easiest one ought to be to simply create a mask for the layer with the woman, invert it so that nothing shows through and then use a very soft brush to make her appear over the forest shot. You might want to lower the opacity of the layer with the woman just a little bit as well so that some of the forest still shows through. Or you could just lower the opacity of the brush before using it.

share|improve this answer

You don't need the 3rd layer. Lower the flow of your brush and opacity if you like, although the lowered flow alone should be enough, and just paint back in the parts of the forest you want to show over the woman

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.