Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Looking for a match or similar font to the text on these signs. Particularly the "D" on the middle sign and "R" on the right most sign -- how they're fatter on the bottom of the curve. Any ideas appreciated.

enter image description here

share|improve this question

I doubt that it has a name. Those signs were most likely hand-painted.

I can only see similarities between the letter forms - not uniformity. Take the M in "Morte" vs "Miscarriage". Nonetheless it looks like a compressed Copperplate to me.

share|improve this answer
Agreed. Handpainted – ACMEexp Sep 25 '11 at 18:57

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.