Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I just wonder if there exists a tutorial for photoshop which I could follow to draw those shining lines especially with the glitter like effect on the right side. (you can see what I mean in this site: example Just click on the navigation to see different line effects / colors...)

From what I could see maybe I would need kind of a glitter brush set? Well, on the other hand I found a few but not describing what kind of blend modes needed to archive a similiar effect...

enter image description here

share|improve this question
This tutorial ( denisdesigns.com/blog/2010/02/… ) might give you some ideas on one method to create such a pattern as you can see in the glitter. –  Sean Sep 25 '11 at 20:04
Hi Blub, if you're looking for any tutorials, you should just google for them. This site isn't really intended for such questions (it's not a forum!). I think that's why two people downvoted your question. Good luck with it though! :) –  poepje Jun 11 '12 at 8:51

2 Answers 2

This effect is created with the help of pen tool, you can create it manually but this will take lots of hard work.....there is some shadow, inner shadow, outer glow and some more photoshop effects

You can see some tutorials here :

share|improve this answer

You can draw the shape with pen tool. Give it a color. For shininess, you need create some white layers with brush tool which has "overlay" blending mode and clip them into shape. For extra shininess, you can duplicate the white layer again.

For glitter effect, you need to create or find a pattern or texture image looking similar. When you get it, you can clip that, too and change the blend mode to "overlay" or "color dodge" until you get the effect you wanted.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.